When most people think about a Chiropractic adjustment they automatically think about relief from low back pain or neck pain. Chiropractic is incredibly effective for managing these symptoms but it does so much more than just relieve pain.
An adjustment works beautifully to improve mobility of joints, decreases pain, and decrease muscle tension but the origins of Chiropractic stem from the effect an adjustment has on your nervous system. The nervous system is the master system, it controls every other system and cell in the body. The nervous system is protected by the spine and the skull, and they intimately related, you can’t effect one without impacting the other. So when you get an adjustment in the spine it actually has an effect on your brain and nervous system and everything that it controls. Which is why so many patients report experiencing so many positive “side effects” to the adjustment!
These things occur in your body with EVERY adjustment so the more joints you have adjusted the better you feel! This is why we choose to adjust your whole body every visit!
Why do I feel so great right after an adjustment?
- Stress Reduction by reducing the body’s release of the stress hormone Cortisol and instantly releasing a flood of the feel good hormones Serotonin and Dopamine.
- Improved Digestion, by reducing Cortisol, blood flow to the gut increases, improved digestive processes and function.
- Increased Focus and Learning Ability– an adjustment to the spine increases impulses to the Frontal Cortex of you brain instantly
- Improved Immune Response- With the reduction of Cortisol your immune function improves drastically. Chiropractic actually got licensed originally for immune protection NOT neck and back pain.
- More Happy Thoughts by releasing Serotonin and Dopamine the brain instantly seeks happier thoughts which over time create a better outlook on life.
What are the benefits of continued care?
- Increase ability to get pregnant– With reduced Cortisol in your system and increased blood flow to the reproductive organs Women and men can become more fertile.
- Improved Movement– With reconnecting the brain and body muscles get re-balanced leading to Improved Posture, Coordination, and Balance which can lead to improvements in Performance and Endurance.
- Reduced Depression with each adjustment your body gets better and better at releasing Serotonin and Dopamine creating an overall more positive view of Life.
- Better Sleep with each adjustment it helps your body to better regulate the hormones responsible for sleep-wake cycle, making it easier to fall asleep and stay asleep.
- Decreased Recovery Time when joints move properly, pain subsides and muscles function correctly, you get better quicker.
These are just a few of the benefits of the Chiropractic adjustment. If you are interested in learning more about the benefits of Chiropractic care or how Chiropractic can help you, please subscribe to our newsletter or give us a call.